HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED BY PRENTICE PORTADOWN LIMITED.
LAST UPDATED APRIL 2018.
How we use your personal information.
Prentice Portadown Limited is an authorised BMW & MINI Retailer in Northern Ireland. This privacy notice is to let you know how we promise to look after your information. This will include what data we have by having you as a customer and the chosen choices you give us regarding what marketing you want us to send you.
Reasons for which we may collect your data;
- To run our business in an efficient and proper way.
- To inform you of any safety related updates and manufacturer updates.
- To fulfil our contracts
- To remain efficient about how we fulfil our contractual and legal duties.
- To provide you with the knowledge of information/guidance that you need regarding our products, services and offers.
- To create and carry out marketing activities
Prentice Portadown Privacy Promise
- To hold and keep your data safe and private
- Not to share your data without your consent
- To allow you options on how to manage and review your marketing choices (at any time).
How the law protects you
As well as our privacy promise here at Prentice Portadown Limited, your privacy is also protected by law.
The Data Protection law however states that we are allowed to use personal information if we have a proper reason to do so.
Where we collect personal information from
Here at Prentice Portadown Limited we may collect personal data from the following sources:
- Third party companies associated with Prentice Portadown Limited for finance, insurance and marketing purposes.
- Data when you apply for our products or services
- Via telephone when you talk to us on the phone or call us
- In emails or letters
- In customer surveys
Who we share your personal information with
- Third party companies associated with Prentice Portadown Limited
- We may need to share your personal information with other organisations to provide you with the product or service you have chosen;
- If you apply for insurance through us, we may have to pass your personal or your business details to the insurer.
- Fraud Prevention agencies
- Any party linked with you or your business’s product or service.
- Market Researchers
- Companies that you ask us to share your data with
Creation/tailoring of products/services
- Car care products
- Insurance products
- Paint Protection products
Information we use
Below is some of the personal information that we may use here;
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your residential address
- Contact details e.g. email address or phone number
If you choose not to give personal information
Here at Prentice Portadown Limited we may need to collect personal information in order to comply with legal obligations, or under the terms of contract that we may have.
If the circumstance arises that you choose not to give us the personal information needed, it could delay or even prevent us at Prentice Portadown Limited from meeting our obligations. It could mean that we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us.
We may use your personal data to tell you about relevant safety updates, manufacturer updates, products, services, offers and events we feel may be of interest to you.
We analyse the information you give to us and decide what safety updates, manufacturer updates, products, services, offers and events may be of interest to you. From this we can then tell what would probably be most relevant to market to you. It can be either us or third parties we work with that may contact you regarding marketing messages.
We are only allowed to send you marketing messages if we have your consent. You can withdraw your consent to receive marketing messages at any time by contacting us.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your information for the time you are a customer of Prentice Portadown Limited.
When you stop being a customer of Prentice Portadown Limited we may keep your data for up to 10 years.
How to get a copy of your personal information
You are able to access your personal information that we hold by writing to us at the address below:
Seagoe Industrial Area
Or contact us by telephone.
Letting us know if your information is incorrect/incomplete
You have the right at any time to contact us if you think any of your information we have is wrong or incomplete. If this situation arises please contact us so we can amend your information to keep it accurate.
The right to be forgotten
If there is no need for us to keep your data you then have the right to object to us holding your personal information. You can then ask us to delete your personal information. This is known as the ‘right to be forgotten’
However it may be the circumstance that due to legal or other official reasons we may need to keep the use of your data.
Control over your data
You can at any time withdraw your consent to us holding your personal data.
However, if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide certain safety updates, manufacturer updates, products, services or offers to yourself.
Sharing of data
From the 25th of May 2018 when the data privacy laws change you will have the legal right to get your personal data from us in a format that can be re-used. You can then request that we pass your personal information onto another organisation.
Prentice Portadown Limited reserve the right to update this policy at any time.